While I would MUCH RATHER you vote for President Obama (OR Gary Johnson or Jill Stein), I believe everyone who is eligible to vote and believes they can make an informed decision should vote. I actually agree with the Republican Party that there is a clear choice, though I would phrase as a choice between the President’s policies that have been inching us towards a better United States versus the Romney/Ryan’s ticket determination to repeat the same failed policies of George W. Bush that led us into the Iraq War and the 2008 bank crash.
If you haven’t voted yet and live in Alaska, see http://www.elections.alaska.gov/vi_w_polls.php for your voting place. If you haven’t registered yet, you CAN still vote for President. See http://www.elections.alaska.gov/vi_hv_vote_pres.php for details. Then grab your unregistered friends who HAVE NOT VOTED ABSENTEE in another state and head for the polls.
Don’t live in Alaska? Check out these voting resources:
- Vote411. Plug in your address and find out where your polling station is and information about your registration.
- An interactive map with hundreds of links to state-by-state election websites, including voter guides, provisional voting information and polling place hours and locations.
- Republican Party Vote Help Page – No 800 number located
- 1-800-311-8683 Voter Help Line set up by the Democratic Party
- 1-866-MYVOTE1 (866-698-6831)
- 1-866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
- 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (en Español)